ADVERTISEMENT

SPITBALLIN' Final Buzzer Feeling: Texas A&M-Commerce pres. by All Hands Craft Cocktails

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
I liked what I saw in the first half of tonight’s game, Tech played some really solid basketball and were defensively sound. Things got sloppy in the second half and the defense wasn’t as sound.

Some notes, but I’m obviously not drawing conclusions after the first game of the season against Texas A&M-Commerce.

-I really liked what I saw out of Pop Isaacs. Although he wasn’t super-efficient from the field, he has matured physically a ton. He flashed an ability to get to the hole that just wasn’t there last season, and if he can translate that to January, I’m really excited.

-Warren Washington had so many chances to just go up with the ball, and he didn’t take those chances with consistency. I would’ve liked to see him be more physical, especially against a team like this, but I appreciated the near double-double.

-Darrion Williams was selective with his shots but shot pretty well when he did. I was impressed with his defensive ability, and he had a strong night overall.

-Chance McMillian flashed a bit in the second half, I liked what I saw.

-This team played some really ugly basketball in the second half, wasn’t much of a system and there just wasn’t a ton to be thrilled about. All fixable, however. Was low energy down the stretch.

-Tech shot the three really poorly, but you also shot the three really well against Texas A&M a week and a half ago, so I am not terribly worried about it at this point. Need a lot better by the time January rolls around, but there’s a ton of basketball to be played until then.

gchnhmd22urptqzgrc54

Founded by a Red Raider, All Hands Craft Cocktails is proud to announce their partnership with RedRaiderSports.com. Try these bar strength, ready-to-drink vodka cocktails at Jones AT&T Stadium this football season or find them at a retailer near you. Cheers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News