ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: Final Buzzer Feeling: Omaha pres. by All Hands Craft Cocktails

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Tech took care of business against Omaha, especially in the first half of the game. Some thoughts from immediately post-game.

-Tech played really well defensively in the first half. Omaha went a substantial amount of time without a bucket. They forced eight turnovers in the first half and Omaha was 0-6 from three to open the night, most being contested looks.

-Kerwin Walton had a really nice first half and game as a whole. The drive to the basket was really nice along with a really strong night from beyond the arc. You desperately need him to become someone you can rely on to not let the ship sink while he’s on the floor, so it was nice to see him take a step in the right direction. Was impressed with his effort on the defensive end, too.

-I’m growing fonder and fonder of the lineup with Cambridge as the five. Has it’s moments where Cambridge gets lost in the switches but Warren Washington just doesn’t seem to have the strength to hold up against these bigger big men.

-Joe Toussaint continues to be your most consistent player and scorer, another really impressive night from him on both ends.

-I don’t want to keep ragging on Pop, but man this is a really frustrating drought from three. There was a bad look that he took in the first half and McCasland got on him immediately, gotta wonder if they’re trying to limit him, at least taking those unnecessary, contested shots.

-Lamar Washington got a solid amount of run tonight, wasn't overly impressed with his night but he didn't stand out in a bad way, I guess.

-Tech did a really good job of rebounding against a pretty long team in Omaha, hopefully that continues to be the case.

-This team looked solid for the opponent; I’m not mad at it all. Took care of business against an immensely inferior opponent. Do it again on the 12th against Oral Roberts.

-Hope Devan Cambridge’s ankle is alright after that spill with Lamar Washington.

gchnhmd22urptqzgrc54

Founded by a Red Raider, All Hands Craft Cocktails is proud to announce their partnership with RedRaiderSports.com. Try these bar strength, ready-to-drink vodka cocktails at Jones AT&T Stadium this football season or find them at a retailer near you. Cheers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News