ADVERTISEMENT

RRS TV: Film Room: Texas Tech Spring Game pres. by Energy Renovation Center

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
Throughout the spring game, I made note of some plays that stood out to me throughout the day and I went through and clipped what I could from the ESPN+ broadcast, some of which wasn’t exactly perfect, but today will be the first of hopefully a few film breakdowns from me.

No. 5: Tyler Shough’s impressive speed option

This play was one of the best of the whole afternoon, Shough made the correct read at the line of scrimmage and used his speed and a fake pitch to get into open space. I bet the Red Raiders will do a bit more of this in the season, when the quarterbacks are live and they’re playing other teams.

Head coach Joey McGuire spoke about what was happening on the broadcast, too.

No. 4: Dadrion Taylor-Demerson’s Interception

We’ll go with two angles for this one since the broadcast had a bit of a hiccup.

When I saw this play live, I thought it was a really bad decision from the QB Tyler Shough, despite being on a 4th & 20 where they had to throw something close to the sticks in the situation. After learning it was tipped at the line, I’m not as frustrated with the outcome, despite the fact that it was still a pretty bad throw from the veteran.

You just can’t throw the ball across your body, especially into triple-coverage with a safety over the top and expect good things to happen.

No. 3: Steve Linton & Myles Cole show their prowess

The broadcast missed the plays that I was hoping to show here, but it is still way too important to pass up. This was a two-play stretch that just blew me away.

Linton and Cole both got to Shough on back-to-back plays, here’s a screen grab of where they were positioned at the time of release.

They absolutely hurried Tyler Shough to make a bad throw and on the next play got to Shough with a “sandwich sack” as only described by @C. Level, and not shown.

No. 2: CJ Baskerville’s Interception

Baskerville did a really good job jumping the route in this one, a telegraphed throw by Tyler Shough, but a really impressive coverage play from the San Diego State transfer.

This play was a precursor to the stellar day that Baskerville had and if he can continue to do some similar things, it will be excellent. He has massive shoes to fill since the departure of Muddy Waters at the STAR, and Saturday was encouraging.

No. 1: Fouonji’s touchdown from Morton

This play is impressive for a couple of reasons in my mind, Behren Morton put a really nice throw on this ball and Loic Fouonji was able to create a ton of separation against Nate Floyd, which is either a really good thing, or a bad thing, depending on your view.

Fouonji, who is not completely known for his speed, was able to burn the corner off the line and take it to the house for six.

o4xzouibjzg4xbxhtmyr

The OFFICIAL solar panel installer of RedRaiderSports.com!
www.energyrenovationcenter.com
Why Energy Renovation Center?
Energy Renovation Center is a DFW based solar installation company which prides itself on quality installation and customer service. Let’s give you an answer of “Why ERC” . We pay close attention to detail when it comes to taking care of our clients. Moreover, an excellent customer experience is what we strive for with every install. If something doesn’t go as planned, we always work hard to correct anything that needs attention. Moreover, we take 100% pride in everything we do. That is why we do not outsource, from educating homeowners in the community to designing a custom system and installing it right the first time! Customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Clayton Summerlin
Energy Renovation Center
TDLR Lic# 35068 | CSLB Lic# 10093262016
E Randol Mill Rd. Ste. 409 Arlington, TX 76011
claytons@energyrenovationcenter.com
EARN $500 FOR EACH FRIEND THAT GOES SOLAR WITH US! Energy Renovation Center has paid out over $1.2 million to our users! Tell a friend. Get paid!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News