ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL: Emptying the Notebook: Observations against Air Force pres. by Energy Renovation Center

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
A mid-week series against Air Force has come and gone with the Red Raiders sweeping the two-game set and putting together an undefeated record before they head to Houston for the Shriners Children Collegiate Classic that includes a date with No. 15 Texas A&M.

Texas Tech put together another solid set of performances and has a big opportunity ahead of them this weekend, but before we move on to Houston, let me recap what I saw this week at Dan Law Field.

Hitting:

Gage Harrelson has become quite the freshman. The bat has been better than I had expected, even with him hitting decently in the spring. I believed he would be competent, but he has beaten those expectations, and pretty handedly. Hopefully it continues.

It was good to see Hudson White homer on Tuesday, seems like he’s starting to get right. He put a really nice swing on that ball.

Owen Washburn’s situation is a bit weird since, by all accounts, he’s completely healthy. It is really weird that he hasn’t played since the Gonzaga series, sans a couple at bats on Wednesday. It seems too early to give up on him.

This team is deep, and the offense is really, really solid. There’s really been nothing to complain about on that side of things. Tech is playing with speed and haven’t been too home run reliant, which travels in college baseball.

It’s really exciting to have the speed on the basepaths and the talent at the plate to score at will, hopefully it continues into league play, which is getting closer and closer.

Pitching:

The injury to Bo Blessie is concerning and most definitely something to watch for (that injury being “soreness in a place where he has a history of being sore”). Blessie’s name was a hot topic all spring and this team is running thin on pitching depth if he is out for an extended period.

Zach Erdman was lights out in relief on Tuesday. The stuff was electric and he was making guys miss in his three scoreless innings of relief.

Brandon Beckel had a huge inning on Tuesday, coming into pitch with two runners on and got out of it with back-to-back strikeouts. Beckel becoming that type of guy for the Tech bullpen would be massive when it gets down to the wire.

Damian Bravo continues to impress me on the mound. His stuff has been really nice, and he has generated a ton of whiffs in his limited time on the collegiate mound. Exciting stuff for the two-way true freshman.

I was impressed with Jacob Rogers in his Wednesday start for the Red Raiders. Had some nice movement on some pitches and got through three innings pretty well.

The OFFICIAL solar panel installer of RedRaiderSports.com!
www.energyrenovationcenter.com
Why Energy Renovation Center?
Energy Renovation Center is a DFW based solar installation company which prides itself on quality installation and customer service. Let’s give you an answer of “Why ERC” . We pay close attention to detail when it comes to taking care of our clients. Moreover, an excellent customer experience is what we strive for with every install. If something doesn’t go as planned, we always work hard to correct anything that needs attention. Moreover, we take 100% pride in everything we do. That is why we do not outsource, from educating homeowners in the community to designing a custom system and installing it right the first time! Customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Clayton Summerlin
Energy Renovation Center
TDLR Lic# 35068 | CSLB Lic# 10093262016
E Randol Mill Rd. Ste. 409 Arlington, TX 76011
claytons@energyrenovationcenter.com
EARN $500 FOR EACH FRIEND THAT GOES SOLAR WITH US!
Energy Renovation Center has paid out over $1.2 million to our users! Tell a friend. Get paid!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News