ADVERTISEMENT

Dream Job?

jegreenwood

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2017
Justin, TX
Been getting chased by a recruiter, like a little Sue getting chased by little Johnny on the elementary playground, for the past couple of weeks. I'd had a few phone calls with him, and have since been passed along to the actual hiring manager/HR. Had my first call with them on Tuesday. They asked a lot of personality/work ethic based questions. Ones that I have answered a lot in the past, and have some solid answers for.

One question caught me off guard a little bit - What is your dream job? And what would you like for that to entail?

I had to think about it a little bit, but my answer was something along the lines of: "My dream job isnt necessarily in a specific industry or a specific title. In my eyes, the perfect/dream job for me, would be one with flexibility (able to do all the things with my kid(s), wife, etc.) that recognizes my work ethic/drive to give the best production possible, culture heavy setting with everyone on the same page or at least aspiring to be on the same page with the same goals in mind, ability to work with all sectors of the business (production, marketing, BD, accounting, etc.) and develop relationships/rapport with them for fluidity of job functions/issues as they arise, work from home/hybrid role (again, to be able to do the things I need to do and when I need to do them, while also performing at a high clip that is recognized by all metrics/people keeping an eye on production), and lastly pay/benefits - money isn't everything and I have learned that in my 8 years of post grad work/chasing jobs/moving 5x/title chasing/etc. But to me, a steady salary with solid bonus structure/incentive based bonuses to drive production, as well as great health insurance for myself/wife/kid(s) and any other extra benefits are something that would make the job "perfect" for me. So, to answer your question, I don't have a "dream job", but I do have intricacies that would need to be met/present, for me to consider a job to be a dream job"

Now, I need to think of a specific industry/title/etc. to throw out there next time, but feel like I know what i want/need in a job for me to ever consider it to be a dream job opportunity.

What about you? Besides being a stay at home dad, at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News