ADVERTISEMENT

Donovan Smith Film Threads vs. Kansas State

Emorylyda1

Rookie Red Raider
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2020
First half:

Second half:

This was an interesting one to go through. I honestly think the second half had the highest of highs from Donovan outside of the game-sealing pick, and the stats would back that up. Putting up 270 yards in that half and leading what should've been four scoring drives was a great step forward, but the first half was pretty rough. I can see a lot of the frustration with him, but his accuracy has taken a step forward and I really think if the line was slightly better it would make a big difference.

As always let me know what y'all think. Also a couple non-DS thoughts:

- We really need to find ways to use Xavier White more. I'm not sure if he's a great pure receiver, but utilizing him a little in the backfield, some in the slot, and then especially as a returner would do a lot of good. His second half was very impressive.
- I'm all for finding an alternative to Caleb Rogers. there were a ton of bad moments from this film and I don't like singling out one guy but I'd attribute at least 50% of the pass blocking breakdowns to him just getting outmatched.
- The run blocking is a massive weakness, although this week was probably the best we've seen in that regard. I think Thompson took a nice step forward in pass protection too, though Brooks' receiving ability is probably slightly superior. Hope we can see some of Valdez post-bye week.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News