ADVERTISEMENT

Cruises From Galveston

GalvestonIslandRaider

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jan 13, 2010
Galveston, Texas
www.galveston.com
For those who enjoy cruising - or for those who have never cruised, but are thinking about trying it - Galveston now offers one of the most reasonably priced cruise options in the country. Cruising out of Galveston eliminates the need to fly to Florida to depart on a cruise.

MSC Cruise Lines announced today that it will start sailing from the Island in 2025, increasing the number of cruise lines operating from 5 to 6. Galveston is now the 4th busiest cruise port in the United States, serving as a home port for Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess, Disney, Norweigan, and MSC Cruise Lines. In 2024, 388 cruises will depart from Galveston. In 2025, that number will likely surpass 450 cruises.

The rising popularity of cruising from Galveston is also resulting in newer cruise ships that are packed with amenities for the entire family. Carnival just built a brand new ship (Jubilee) which launched in December. Royal Caribbean recently brought its Oasis-class ships to the island. Norweigan sails its newest ship, the Prima, and Royal Caribbean is building an Icon-Class ship intended to sail from the island within the next couple of years.

I'm not a huge fan of cruises - especially those ships with more than 5,000 passengers - but I do enjoy an occasional 4-day cruise. It's basically a four-day booze cruise, but I only have to take one day of vacation, and the morning it returns, I get off the ship and walk to work. You can't beat that.

For those who have not cruised before, you can book directly from each cruise line and join their loyalty program, or can a national cruise agency like Cruises.com, or go with a local company that knows the ins and outs of sailing from the island, GalvestonCruises.com.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News