ADVERTISEMENT

Corky/Crofoot Shootout

Baby D Double T

Red Raider
Gold Member
Oct 22, 2018
The last track meet of the season before conference begins will be here in Lubbock, although a buddy of mine said a few will be in California. I would guess that would be the distance runners since there's not many of the better distance runners slated to run here in Lubbock. The men stayed put at #5 in the nation while the women are #9. I don't expect that to change much as TJ, Swint and Dean are still not listed on the heat sheets for this weekend. @PrevostRaider can you provide any insight here? Is it the projected weather that has kept them out? Are they expected to run at conference? That is definitely an interesting strategy to have their first meet at conference if so. Those guys are good enough to pull it off and be ready by regionals though.

I'm mostly looking at jumps and throws this weekend as I think that will make a huge difference at conference and nationals. We know what we can get out of the sprinters, and we have a few that could potentially make noise outside of the 3 mentioned, but a lot of these jumpers and throwers are close to getting us nationally competitive outside of TJ and Co. I want to see how Devin does in the discuss. I am hoping for another 200' showing. I also want to see our TJ and PV. Those guys have a ton of potential there for points at nationals. I also want to see how the young HJ progress.

I have plans with visiting family tonight but a buddy of mine will be at the meet and promises to provide updates. I'll try to update the thread as the meet goes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News