ADVERTISEMENT

Cardinal's Red Raider Confidential (October 23rd)

Status
Not open for further replies.

A. Dickens

Jedi Master
Staff
Jan 20, 2004
Lubbock
The Red Raider Confidential is sponsored by Cardinal's Sports Center. If you need Texas Tech gear or Under Armour apparel, the best place to go in our opinion is Cardinal's -- they have a tremendous location in Lubbock (Slide and S. Loop 289), a store in Plano and a fantastic selection on their website.

1131811.jpg

If you're in the Lubbock area and looking to get into shape, but don't know where to start, check out the website for Cardinal's Fitness. You can sign up for individual classes -- no contract or membership required -- that are good for people at any fitness level.

----------
Highland Park center Jack Sides is being evaluated by the Red Raiders and a handful of other BCS conference schools as February gets closer and closer. Right now he’s focused on the schools that have offered, but as his offer list changes, his plans could too.

“I will probably be taking an official visit to Army later on,” Sides said. “Some other schools want me to come, but I haven’t confirmed anything. I’m trying to see what comes to me and take in to consideration every option possible and not turn anything down right now.”

“I would be open to anywhere I feel like is a good fit. I wouldn’t force anything, somewhere with good academics and with good football, not anywhere where the football is a joke, a place where it’s at least competitive.”

Sides has been a long time Tech fan and would “absolutely be interested” if an offer were to come at some point.

- Wright

---

The Red Raiders are obviously already building relationships with the 2017 prospects at the top of the list, and they're starting to discover more about other players in the class they're interested in. One such prospect that Tech is watching is Rockwall (Texas) 2017 wide receiver Sam Crawford

The junior has been exchanging DM's a bit with a few members of Tech's staff, specifically linebackers coach Trey Haverty.

"Coach Haverty, the linebackers coach, we've been exchanging a few messages, but that's about it," he said. "He just told me that he likes how I play and to keep him updated on how I'm doing in our games."

And while things are still at the base level between Crawford and the Red Raiders, he certainly likes their offense.

"I really like Texas Tech. They pass a lot, so I love their offense."

Something else interesting worth noting is the fact that Crawford's sister is currently a student at Tech.

"My sister goes to school there, so it would be really cool to go to the same school as her. She's just there for school, but she says she loves it down there."

The WR is also hearing from a few other schools than Tech, including Oklahoma State, SMU, Houston, and Purdue. He's a prospect that is starting to gain quite a bit of attention, and it certainly sounds like the Red Raiders might be in as good a spot as anyone else at this moment.

- McKay

Reactions: CoffeeRaider
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News