ADVERTISEMENT

Australia and Great Barrier Reef Recommendations Needed

RedRdr

Matador
Gold Member
Jul 15, 2002
Headed to Sydney in a couple of weeks for a business conference. Bringing Mrs. RedRdr and 23 year old daughter along.

After conference, doing 15 days in Australia. Looking for recommendations:
  1. Sydney - plan to spend a few days in Sydney and close by. Seen the "top 10" things, but open for advice
  2. Wildlife - wife and daughter want to hug a kangaroo and pet a koala. Not really, but you know what I mean. Advice for seeing wildlife in the wild.
  3. Great Barrier Reef - daughters greatest passion in scuba so this is a bucket-list trip for her. I will dive with her but Mrs. Redrdr won't. Need a pick the area of the coast to base from, a good place to stay and dive recommendations. This is the part of the trip where I need most help.
  4. Rest of time - I would say we have 5-6 'open' days right now. Don't want to spend it all in planes so ruled out going to west/mid Australia and have mostly ruled out a hop to New Zealand (seems that you need more time than that to do NZ properly). So maybe drive towards Melbourne, drive up the east coast toward reef, whatever.
Open to any suggestions.........many thanks in advance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News