ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: A few things ...

C. Level

The People's Champ
Staff
Nov 7, 2002
I cannot confirm all of the details below and, therefore, I am not reporting the following. I want to be very clear about that. But you all subscribe to RRS in large part because you want an inside look at what is going on with Texas Tech athletics, and there's obviously a lot going on. This is an instance, and there will likely be more instances like this in the coming days and weeks, where I feel good enough about certain details lining up with what I've heard elsewhere to pass it along. Let's call it informed chatter.

I spoke with a long-time source with close ties to Oklahoma State today. Here's what he told me:

... Mike Holder, Oklahoma State's former athletic director, has been working with various individuals at Texas Tech with the objective of getting the Red Raiders and Cowboys into the Pac-12.

... Oklahoma State may have a chance at a Big Ten invitation.

... If Oklahoma State goes to the Pac-12 with Texas Tech, it would likely be as part of a foursome that includes Kansas and Kansas State.

... If Oklahoma State ends up in the Big Ten, then Texas Tech, TCU and two others would end up in the Pac-12.

... The source thinks that Oklahoma State wants to stay linked with Texas Tech but that only happens with the Pac-12.

... The reports that the Big Ten is considering USC is great news for Texas Tech and possibly Oklahoma State because Pac-12 commissioner George Kliavkoff will want to keep USC happy and expansion into Texas does that.

... Nothing will happen until the SEC officially accepts Oklahoma and Texas as members, which could happen on Friday at some point. That will get the ball rolling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News