ADVERTISEMENT

9-8 (5-5) **Updated to 14-10 (10-7)

Brandon Bohannon

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2007
Fort Worth
Is Coach McGuire's record right now.

Regardless of the individual games and their results, if you would have told me that 10 games into his conference career that we would be a (.500) Big 12 team after Wells, Kingsbury and Tuberville, I would have signed up.

If you would have told me that we would have dominated a Mississippi team in a bowl game after Kliff's team was destroyed at NRG on ESPN and Leach's best team ever jumped out to a big lead in the Cotton Bowl, only to lose by 13, I would have signed up.

If you would have told me that we would recruit better on both sides of the ball than we have maybe ever and most definitely since Rivals became a thing in 2002, I would have signed up.

If you would have told me that we would have successful athletic alumni like Patrick Mahomes and Cody Campbell leading the way in building up our brand, facilities and overall profile, I would have signed up.

I am disappointed.
I feel empathy for Tyler Shough.
I feel sympathy for my fellow Red Raiders.
I am tired of excuses.
I am tired of wait until next year.
I am tired of a lot of things that we seem to do regardless of who is coaching and who is playing.

If McGuire is to be different and more than just the next name on the wikipedia page of Texas Tech football season by season results, then we don't have time to feel sorry for ourselves.

We have to get it together to beat Houston this week.

We have to start finding some wins, finding ourselves, and finding a way.

Tahj and Dunlap are trying.
Others are too.

DeRuyter has us playing hard on defense. We need to clean up some penalties.

Kittley has to help Behren out and if not Behren, due to injury, the next man up. Keep feeding Tahj, too.

McGuire has to get a banged up team and a now disgruntled fanbase pulling together. Focus on the former and the latter WILL come together. It's the way our people have always been.

We will rally. We are still in!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News