ADVERTISEMENT

RECRUITING: 2024 football recruiting notes

B. Golan

Noted Texas Tech Recruiting Journalist
Staff
Aug 21, 2016
DFW
Because this has been asked in multiple threads regarding A&M/Arkansas/other school decommits, Texas Tech is done with HS scholarship players in 2024. They will still add PWO's.

This article lists all of the commits to date, including PWO's: https://texastech.rivals.com/news/2024-texas-tech-commits-and-targets-tracker-playoffs-week-one

Tech will now focus on the JUCO market and the transfer portal which opens December 4th. Expect them to add at OL, TE, DL and DB. With Tahj Brooks off to the NFL I could see a RB too. I could see a WR depending on what happens with some of the older guys on the roster. I expect them to potentially add an older QB for depth, but this won't be some big name and it won't be anyone expected to start in 2024. Behren Morton is the starter next year. Any QB addition will be for depth so that you don't have to play a true freshman next year in case of injury.

The article linked above lists all of these guys but here are some early JUCO offers the staff is targeting and I expect to potentially visit in the coming weeks (One of Lines' coaches told me he already has a visit to Tech set for December)

The Early Signing Period begins December 20, 2023 and goes through December 22, 2023.

As of this moment, I believe this to be the expected list of early enrollees. Potentially being added to this list are Peyton Morgan and Trey Jackson but I don't think either has made a final decision yet (they both do track).

QB Will Hammond
RB Cameron Dickey
WR Micah Hudson
WR Lorenzo Johnson Jr
WR Tyson Turner
OL Holton Hendrix
OL Jacob Ponton
OL Kasen Long
OL Jackson Hildebrand
DB Isaiah Collins
LS Rylan Vagana

ADVERTISEMENT