ADVERTISEMENT

2023 TTU Baseball

RaiderSeymore

🌵
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2012
Houston, Texas
www.servicecompression.com
What a poopy McPoopersen end to the year. Especially considering that a season long weakness, our pitching staff, actually held their ground in a big way.

I still want to take a look at what the 2023 team accomplished.

- This offense was great. No way around it. But for the 3rd year in a row, it went out with a wimper when it really mattered. It just seems like our game doesn't play well in big parks because we try to hit the 9 run homerun.

- 2023 - 9 runs total in the UF regional.
- 2022 - 8 runs total in the GSU regional.
- 2021 - 3 runs total while hosting Stanford in a super regional.

- I've been vocal about it, but I want Tadlock to look in the mirror and realize that moving runners/putting pressure on defenses would be huge for this program. 28 stolen bases with the guys we had this year is just strange. Opponents stole 95 bags. Why we don't bunt/hit and run/steal at all is so strange with the speed that was on this roster.

- Harrelson. Kash. Bazzell. Green. White. That might be the best returning core in the country, and that's saying something. Group is gonna have a chance to get old together. Add in a healthy Lopez/Washburn and we're in business. Maxcey also needs a shoutout here as well.

- Injuries just snagged this team all season long. Parrish, Girton, Washburn(Both). Just stinks to look at the roster and realize how much we were missing when it mattered. Dillon Carter seemed to have figured the game of baseball out in a big way and immediately gets hurt.

- Nolen Hester was a firestarter. What a great pickup as a transfer. Dude ends the season getting on base at a 53% clip. Dude is a stud.

- Molina is the anchor for this staff moving into 2024. I wonder how Tadlock will recruit around him to develop a weekend staff. I love Robinson's stuff and Petty's to move into a weekend role. Will be interesting to see if they go get old here with another proven inning eater.

- Tracer is your SS next year IMO. I love Burns' as well and wouldn't mind seeing him play 2B. I'm just sold on Tracer, once the speed of the game slowed down, that dude was a dude.

- This team just never had it all click at the same time. We lost several games when our offense went bonkers and the bullpen couldn't hold. We lost games where the pitching was dynamite and the offense went into hibernation.

- Florida is very likely to contend for the Natty. TTU could have easily won 2-3 regular season games and not been in that regional. Just ran out of steam.

- TTU cannot continue to be a circus defensively while allowing teams to just run rampant on the bases. I would be curious to see what Tim does this offseason to shore us up defensively.

RaiderSeymore's way too early starting lineup?

Harrellson - CF
White - C
Bazzell - 3B
Kash - 1B
Green - DH
Washburn - RF
Naylor - LF
Lopez - SS
Burns - 2B

Molina will be the Friday night guy. Petty and Robinson are very promising.

Damian Bravo will be the closer.

Digging through stats right now with the incoming class and will keep posting thoughts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News