ADVERTISEMENT

2023-24 TTU MBB Roster

Brandon Bohannon

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2007
Fort Worth
Before I lay out the information that I am about to lay out, I want to be clear that I am not advocating for the pushing out of any Red Raiders who still have playing eligibility. This is just for discussion purposes to show that we are currently full.

I recognize that things will most likely change but to date I am very pleased with Mark Adams ability to acquire talent.

Current players who still have eligibility:

1. S-Sr 6'11 F Fardaws Aimaq
2. Sr 6'3 G D'Maurian Williams
3. Sr 6'5 G Kerwin Walton
4. Sr 6'6 F KJ Allen

5. Jr 6'11 F Daniel Batcho
6. Jr 6'7 G Jaylon Tyson

7. So 6'7 F KyeRon Lindsay
8. So 6'2 G Pop Isaacs
9. So 6'4 G Lamar Washington
10. So 6'7 G Elijah Fisher
11. So 6'7 F Robert Jennings

12. Fr 6'6 G Drew Steffe
13. Fr 6'4 G Jason Jackson

Lose - Kevin Obanor, De'Vion Harmon

There has been some recent comments about our recruiting and roster construction due to our losing conference record and some of the off court rumors and issues.

When Beard left on 4/1/2021, Mark Adams was tasked with trying to save a program with no incoming class signing and with a roster in disarray. He managed to hold on to Shannon and McCullar, signed KJ Allen, and landed transfers in Williams, Obanor, Warren, and Arms (plus others that didn't contribute as much), coached us to a Sweet 16, swept Beard, and won the Big 12 Coach of the Year. We even made it to the Big 12 tournament championship game which was cool because we have historically not showed up for the tournament.

There were cracks and fissures but all in all it was an amazing first year.

This year, he made the decision to get back to building with high school players. We haven't done this since Tubby Smith's first class and since Chris Beard signed 3*s Culver, Smith and Euro Moretti.

Adams has already given us through traditional recruiting:

CA 3* KJ Allen 6'6 SF
13 offers
Big 12 - us and TCU

Canada 4*/5* Elijah Fisher 6'7 SG
National Rank - 34
21 offers
Big 12 - us, Baylor, Kansas, Oklahoma State, and West Virginia

NV 4* Pop Isaacs 6'2 PG
National Rank - 114
22 offers
Big 12 - us, Kansas, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, and TCU

AZ 4* Lamar Washington 6'4 SG
National Rank - 116
17 offers
Big 12 - us and TCU

TX 3* Robert Jennings 6'7 PF
22 offers
Big 12 - us, Houston and TCU

TX 4* Drew Steffe 6'6 SG
National Rank - 125
17 offers
Big 12 - us, TCU and Oklahoma State

FL 3* Jason Jackson 6'4 PG
National Rank - 142
6 offers
Big 12 - us and Houston (Florida)

For those of us who look at offer lists, I just want to point out that we are recruiting nationally and not regionally. I included Jackson's Florida offer because that is where he is from. We are taking players from outside of the Big 12 area so we have to consider that they are going to have offers closer to home.

Finally, I think that it is impressive that we have landed back to back midyear transfers in 4* Jaylon Tyson and 4* KyeRon Lindsay.

We are a young roster after 5 years of being an older roster through the Keenan, Justin, Zach, Norense class, plus the Culver, Zhaire, Moretti class, and a bunch of transfers.

We can see the vision of this team had Fardaws been healthy and had we not missed on Williams and Walton.

The future looks bright IF we can hold on to this young core.

Saturday gave me hope.

What are your thoughts?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News