ADVERTISEMENT

10 quick notes about Tech's 2023 baseball schedule

VMredraider12

Baylor Hater
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2011
  1. In Tech's first 33 games of the season, Tech will only play one game outside the state of Texas. That game is in Albuquerque... Which is about as close as most of the in-state road trips we'll take.
  2. Tech will only play 12 games total outside the state of Texas in the regular season.
    • 1 @ New Mexico
    • 2 @ Stanford
    • 3 @ Oklahoma
    • 3 @ Kansas State
    • 3 @ West Virginia
  3. Tadlock got a waiver this year to play during finals week, as long as the series was played in Lubbock. They'll take on Sam Houston State in Lubbock May 5th-7th. Can't remember the last time we didn't have a weekend gap in there during finals.
  4. By my count, Tech will lace them up 37 times at Dan Law Field this season.
  5. The Iowa and GCU series are both return trips. 3 vs. Iowa and 2 vs. GCU. Those two, paired with the SHSU series, essentially adds 8 more home games to this year's schedule that wasn't there last year.
  6. Tech will play at least 5 games in a major league ball park this year. 3 in Houston at the minute maid classic. 1 vs Michigan, 1 vs. A&M and 1 vs Rice. They'll also get at least two more games in at Globe Life in Arlington when the Big 12 tourney rolls around.
  7. By my count, Tech will play 9 games against teams that were included in D1 Baseball's preseason top 25.
    • 1 vs. #5 A&M
    • 3 vs. #15 TCU
    • 3 vs. #9 Oklahoma State
    • 2 @ #3 Stanford
  8. By my count, Tech will play 24 games this season against teams who played in the 2022 postseason.
    • 4 vs. Gonzaga
    • 2 vs. Air Force
    • 1 vs. Michigan
    • 1 vs. A&M
    • 3 vs. Oklahoma State
    • 3 @ Texas
    • 3 vs. TCU
    • 2 @ Stanford
    • 3 @ Oklahoma
    • 2 vs. Grand Canyon
  9. The College World Series in Omaha begins on Friday, June 16th. Plan accordingly if you so wish.
  10. Finally, in a little less than 28 hours Kyle Robinson will deliver the first pitch of the 2023 season when the Red Raiders square up against the Gonzaga Bulldogs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News