ADVERTISEMENT

“Will the fans show up?” -Beard

The Cake is a Lie

Red Raider
Gold Member
Mar 31, 2016
interesting tidbit from @C. Level
He said back at the hotel Beard wondered to him aloud if we would have many fans in attendance for our first final four.
On one hand, we are in uncharted territory for Lubbock and our program. Fair question, given that.
But, we’ve heard repeatedly that fan support is chief among Beard’s boxes to be checked in building a program. He’s gone out of his way to endear himself to the community and students, and we have answered the call in creating one of the best home courts in the country. Now, it’s time to show up. If this is a “sleeping giant” and this staff is “building a monster”...we simply must show up. Remove all doubt.
He’s shown everyone (himself included?) that he doesn’t need to be at a blue blood to go all the way. He doesn’t need 5 star players to go all the way. No one will ever say again you can’t get it done at Tech, and thank God for it.
Now, I know it’s tough. I almost fainted when I saw the prices of the tickets. In all my years of running the restaurant, I’ve left town for maybe three or four weekends, and only by absolute necessity. Even in my state of complete euphoria last night, I still doubted if I could make it work. “Who’s gonna do payroll....who’s gonna run the place in my stead...? Shucks, there’s no flights out of Lubbock.....”
But Level says one of Beard’s first thoughts was, “will the fans show up?”
Oh, yes. Yes, we will. If you’re on the fence, consider you only get one chance to make a first impression. Let’s make it on Beard and the entire country. Let him know this program lacks for absolutely nothing, and it never will. Wreck em!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News