ADVERTISEMENT

you feelings on the 2016 class thus far?

davidm311

Red Raider
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2011
Its the offseason, so biggest thing to talk about (duh) is the new class. I must say for me it is awesome to see 19 kids committed on June 20th. I may have a shot memory but i don't recall having this many commits this early in recent history. I am not a "star" guy, and after last year It is a little tough to get excited knowing that we most likely won't ink everyone, but I see a lot of great aggressiveness by this staff to go out and get kids that have the tools and they are not afraid to get a kid that may beed to be "coached up" to become that big name we hear on Saturdays.

Of the commits, 10 are offense, 9 are defense, which it is great to see so many on the defensive side. Height and size look great right now, with only 3 of the 19 under 6', which you would expect the RB's to be so.

QB: 1, Looks to be an electric Dual Threat kid. On video is awesome and could be one of the best dual threat kids in the state if not the country by seasons end.
RB: 2, #13 and #15 respectively ranked by Rivals, look to continue a great backfield of speed.
WR: 4, Headlined by 4-star T.J. Vasher, with 3 of the 4 standing at 6'4 or taller.
TE: 1, a true TE again in there at 6'4 220lbs with the athletic ability to play for Tubs.
OL: 2 , (Broken Record) again, you can't coach "height", standing in a 6'5 and 6'6.

LB: 3, All good size and look to have that 'extra gear' with the ability to cover.
DL: 4, 2 DT's one up at 325 lbs, with the other 3 at 6'4 or taller.
DB: 2, Both at 6'1 180lbs. going to be nice not having "5'9 guys" trying to jump with the B12 WR's.

Thus far this class just has a feel that they WANT to be Red Raiders. They are committed to come in and be great. Its early, and i think there are some big names to still commit, but thus far, the class is not too heavy on any one position IMO. I'd like to see a couple "4-5 star" guys on there by Feb, but I'll take 25 kids that want to be here and work there tails off over 20 "you know who i am?" guys any day.

General thoughts?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.