ADVERTISEMENT

Y'all got any potential OC candidates?

D. Kohnle

Captain
Gold Member
Feb 19, 2014
Lubbock, TX
The experiment of letting the first time, D1 P4 HC hire a 31-year-old first time P4 OC has gone on long enough, and I am no longer interested. There has been some individual successes (solid O-recruiting, 1,500 yards rusher, some decent point totals on the board at the end of games), but he's inconsistent, is in charge of a 'soft' offense and, overall, a maddening play caller at times. He also seemingly does not want to consistently do what Joey wants out of his OC.... but I'm not an expert.

I'm ultimately worried about Joey's preferred candidates being on staff already like a Josh Cochran or Juice who are unfortunately just as green as Kittley, even if they are 'really sharp' (just like people say about Kittley... 🤢)

Do you fire Kittley and give one of those guys the chance to prove themselves? What happens when they look decent in their 'tryout' and you pull the trigger on them as full time OC, only then to potentially be in the same position as now (new-to-this-level HC paired with an OC with the same lack of experience)?

Do you pay big money for a proven OC, a Tim Deruyter equivalent but for offense? Does Tech have that money? Or am I overrating 'experience' in an OC hire and you really just need to find someone who at the core is already an offensive fit for what Joey wants to do? Do we know what that is?

Anyways... what say y'all?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.