ADVERTISEMENT

Would Really Like To Get Cedric Henderson

4O9to8O6Nback

"I retire from podcasting"- @T. Beadles
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2015
I want this guy. Can see why Arizona would be offering him a significant role.

Bart Torvik's website predicts he would play a big role for us next year. The breakdown below is over 25 minutes per game for Henderson.

He's old. Will turn 23 during next season and possibly has a season left. He's got good genes with a dad that played in the NBA.

Listed at 6'6, 200 pounds. Was responsible for the most possessions on Campbell's team last year. Despite the high usage, was top 20% in the country in points per possession. Initiated a lot as the ball handler in pick and roll sets. That's generally a team's best offensive perimeter player, and it's impressive for a guy at his size.

Has been a good shooter, scoring over 1 point per jump shot, which would probably have been the most efficient shooter on our team last year.

Was also really good around the basket (top 10% in the country).

Similar size as Warren, same conference, and also has the high usage. But a more efficient player overall (much lower turnover %) and probably a better shooter. Maybe not as good of an athlete but you never know.

Played almost 90% of Campbell's minutes so he's durable. Also a good rebounder.

This guy looks like the perfect piece for next year's team, and I would make him a favorite to start and play top 3-4 most minutes.

I have no idea what our chances are but don't like that he left Lubbock without committing. Plus it seems like @B. Golan's posts about this past weekend's visits are setting us up for disappointment. Sucks that Arizona is getting in on him late. Maybe they will fill up with Ramey and/or that Illinois transfer and not have room for him....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.