ADVERTISEMENT

Update on Soaring in Lubbock!!

hubcityblack

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jan 23, 2005
I have made significant progress on making this happen. I have found the guy and place. Littlefield blue me off.

Plainview, very excited we might come there. Great airport with 2 big long runways.

Here is what I suggest. First try to find power pilots interested in Soaring. Then just regular folks too. Try to meet somewhere in Lubbock area and all exchange names and phone numbers. Get some folks to set up committees to do various things. Power pilots should lead for now.

Order the classic book, Joy of Soaring and see if you have interest. This is not easy at all. It takes good vision, good judgement and intelligence.

Contact SSA in Hobbs for any help they offer.

Contact Tech Air Force ROTC, they did not return my call.

Prepare to do Auto tows but I think we have planes that can probably do it. The fellow I spoke with was so so excited. Plainview wants this badly.

Go to Morarity New Mexico and get your ticket.

Might try to get a tow plane ASAP but this may be worked around.

Borrow from AOPA, not bank.

Look at Hamilton Soaring Club Web Page and Soaring Club of Houston , I was part founder of both. Hamilton started with 10 folks now 90 , Soaring Club of Houston started with ab out 12 and is now 2000. I was founder of both back in the day.

Hubcity

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News