ADVERTISEMENT

UPDATE: Glaesmann recaps Thursday visit

W. McKay

The Electric Factory
Gold Member
Jan 15, 2009
Dallas
For those that might not have known, Waco (Texas) Midway dual-threat quarterback Sam Glaesmann made a trip out to Lubbock on Thursday to get a tour of the facilities and watch about the first half of practice before heading to Tulsa for a visit today.

He's been in touch with the coaching staff for a while now, and things started to pick up with communications over the last few weeks. OC Eric Morris and head coach Kliff Kingsbury have been speaking with him the most, and he enjoyed finally meeting both of them in person.

"It was cool finally getting to meet such a big time guy like (Coach KIngsbury). He was very personable and easy to talk with," he said. "(Getting to go through meetings) was good, very relaxed. The coaches made me feel at home."

As I said, the QB got to watch about the first half of Thursday's practice, and he loved what he saw from that.

"It was cool. They got live at the beginning of practice, great atmosphere."

Overall, he really enjoyed the atmosphere around campus and Lubbock in general, too.

"It went really well. The campus was great, same as the coaches," he said. "I thought the campus was awesome. It was big enough for a big city feel, but also small enough to where everyone knows everyone. I also loved the fact that the whole community is solely focused on Texas Tech. There are no other big teams to take away the fame."

As for an offer, Glaesmann didn't receive one on Thursday. The coaches have liked what they've seen, including the tape of him throwing with his quarterback coach, but he didn't start last year, as SMU signee Ben Hicks was the signal caller for Midway. The Tech coaching staff really wants to see him in action as they full time starter before they pull the trigger, essentially.

"They said similar things to other colleges, in a sense that they wouldn't have me out to their campus if they didn't want me badly. But, they just ned to see how I handle myself on the field before they can offer me."

Overall, good visit, but it will be a while before anything moves forward here. I think it's understandable that the Tech staff wants to see him go through some live action before offering him, whether that's evaluating him during spring ball in a few weeks or early in the fall. Either way, the Red Raiders are in good standing with Glaesmann right now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News