ADVERTISEMENT

Uncle/Former Tech Letterman/Great Tech Supporter is nearing his last days

texastea02

Matador
Aug 21, 2009
It is with great sadness that I write this. My uncle was misdiagnosed during an upper GI last summer. The doctors thought is was reflux disease, they saw nothing that resembled cancer or anything related. During a follow up visit 3 weeks ago my uncle, 2 year letterman [TE], Phi Delta Theta Fraternity member was diagnosed with accelerated stomach cancer. Doctors point to his diet which was rich in processed food and lots of BBQ as the major contributor. My uncle is a very neat guy, he loved elk hunting deer hunting, he was always going on trips to Argentina to hunt dove, then turn around the next week and go to Alaska to fish for sockeye. He loved his family, God fearing, and loved Texas Tech. He was very close with Dr. Bill Dean and other great ambassadors to the school. In a family covered by aggies it was nice to sit down and talk Tech Sports with him.

At this point in time, his son told us that they have just removed his stomach and for the last 48 hours he cannot keep anything down, not even water or ice chips.

Please keep my uncle Dickie Schilhab in your thoughts and prayers.

Thank you and God Bless

This post was edited on 4/6 12:21 AM by texastea02

This post was edited on 4/6 1:57 AM by texastea02

This post was edited on 4/6 11:54 AM by texastea02

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.