ADVERTISEMENT

This team is worse than any Wells team

ReasonableRaider

Techsan
Gold Member
Nov 23, 2008
This is where it’s at — beneath Matt Wells who took over a program that was worse than what McGuire inherited.

Wells’ first team in 2019 was 4-8, and four losses were by a combined 11 points. This team could only dream of playing games that close.

The COVID year of 2020 was 4-6. Think this team will do better than that?

His last team in 2021 was 5-2 going into the K-State game and would have been 6-2 without Devin Drew’s dumb ass penalty that allowed a K-State comeback, got Wells fired and we THOUGHT changed the fortunes of the Tech program by ultimately bringing in McGuire.

Wells never had a schedule this soft and, unlike now, had to play Texas and OU every year. He actually brought in some solid players through the portal, and not a bunch of kids with track measureables who look good on a list.

I’m not saying Wells should still be here. I am saying that in year three under McGuire, the benchmark to fairly judge a new coach, this program looks rudderless and lost and objectively looks worse than under Wells. And I’m as stunned as anyone but I can only go by what I see

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.