ADVERTISEMENT

The Top 10 Players on the Team as Voted by Us

RedRaiders27196

Matador
Gold Member
May 21, 2007
I'm sure a lot of people have noticed that I've been spamming the board with polls to rank the players on the football team for the 2024 season. We finally have the fruit of that labor, an infallible top 10 list of players voted on by the geniuses of RRS!

The official list:

Tier 1
1) Tahj Brooks - RB - Super Senior

Tier 2
2) Josh Kelly - WR - Super Senior
3) Jacob Rodriguez - LB - RS Junior
4) Ben Roberts - LB - RS Soph
5) Behren Morton - QB - RS Junior
6) Bralyn Lux - CB - Super Senior
7) C.J. Baskerville - S - Senior
8) Jalin Conyers - TE - Super Senior
9) Vinny Sciury - OG - Super Senior
10) Micah Hudson - WR - True Freshman

Tiers were separated by a player getting a majority of the vote, the only majority vote was Tahj Brooks so he's in a tier by himself and everyone else is in tier 2. Below are some notes that I find interesting from the above list:

• There were only two run-offs, those two run-offs were won by Lux over Baskerville and Micah Hudson over Caleb Rogers. Both times, the 2nd place vote getter going into the run-off actually won the run-off vs the first place vote getter, which shows why we do run-offs in close races.
  • We have 6 seniors on the list, 5 of which are super seniors. We were old last season but at the top of our roster we're old again.
  • We have 6 Transfer players on the list, 3 of which are new to the program (Conyers, Sciury and Kelly) and 3 have been here multiple years (Rodriguez, Lux, Baskerville)
  • Micah Hudson snuck in at #10 and it's probably the first time we've ever had a true freshman on the list. I'm not certain we've ever had a RS Fr on the list in the years I've been doing it
  • We have 6 offensive players on the list, it looked like #11 would have probably been Caleb Rogers too so that would be 7 out of 11.

I'm really excited for this season. It feels like we're on the cusp of something big like it did 20 years ago. Something else that's strangely exciting to me is that as a result of being so terrible against Tarleton State last season, we can actually glean something from our first game. If we are explosive on offense and can throw the ball efficiently, even against ACU, that's an improvement from last year. Let me know what you guys think of the list, who is too low, who is too high (everyone on a top 10 list is an asset to winning so keep it civil please.) I'm going to post previous years lists below as well so we can make fun of them.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.