ADVERTISEMENT

The PAC

redblackjack

Matador
Nov 9, 2006
So a fun topic is always conference realignment. There was an article by fox recently that I'm too lazy to link that basically said that aggie has passed UT because of closely aligning it's brand with the sec at every possible opportunity. That combined with UT being down as well as they claim the weakness of the big 12 and its lack of impressive schools dragging down the schools reputation.

If Aggies wins a national championship I think it's almost a sure thing UT will bolt whenever the contract is up. Perhaps if Aggie falls behind and is irrelevant and UT makes the playoff then this crappy league has a chance to survive. Taking the current state of the competitve landscape and keeping it constant going forward would seem to also conclude that UT needs to make a change.

UTs brand is still strong but it's only marginally better than Aggie if not equal. It seems the only real way for UT to regain its sizzle would be to move to a league that could at least compete with the SEC with blue bloods like USC and Oregon.

Now we can only pray we are part of the deal as it would be as big as getting in the big 12.

Things can change as I outlined above, but UT made some big mistakes and currently needs a boost to regain their national perception.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.