ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech, Patrick Mahomes, Kliff Kingsbury and Kirby Hocutt

tech1978

🌵🌵🌵
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2008
Southlake TX
Years ago I did a sports marketing start-up and my first client was Under Armour. I was invited to their HQ's in Baltimore and had the opportunity to meet Kevin Plank and a couple of their execs. One of the interesting takeaways from the meeting was a comment made by one of the execs about a question he had posed to several of the NFL players that worked (endorsement deals) with UA. He asked them "where have you had the most fun playing football and where is your loyalty"? The interesting answer by an overwhelming majority of the players was their high school and college days.

I bring this up because these elite athletes, now NFL players, were loyal and enjoyed where they came from over where they were.

Texas Tech may not do everything perfect. Kliff Kingsbury's coaching career at Texas Tech may not have turned out like he or any of us wanted it to be. But one thing, one very important fortuitous thing happened...Texas Tech and Kliff Kingsbury left an indelible impression on Patrick Mahomes to the extent that he has become the epitome of an NFL star who is giving back to a place he loves and undoubtedly enjoyed every moment of his time.

Thank you Texas Tech, Thank you Kliff Kingsbury, Thank you Kirby Hocutt for the positive impressions and love you left in the soul and heart of Patrick Mahomes.

And most of all Thank you Patrick Mahomes for being arguably the greatest Professional Athlete Ambassador Texas Tech has ever had!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.