ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Tech is clean as a whistle.....

davidm311

Red Raider
Gold Member
Sep 7, 2011
You know, i hate all the deommits, i hate the losing seasons, i hate getting into it at every sports bar i go into with my "double T" hat and getting razed.... but i hold in my heart and mind that i think the biggest reason is that TTU is doing "right". And that is a disadvantage.

I think Hocutt is coming from Miami, and wants to Do it clean, and 100% on the straight and narrow.

Kingsbury is not willing to mortgage his future for quick success and i think he is honest with recruits.

Hocutt brings in Tuby Smith, who i think has a "no pressure" situation here and can build his program.

Same with the WBB... i think Curry came in wanting "help", replacing the legend.... and Hocutt goes out and gets an alumni, who again has little pressure, and is going to build it without cheating.

The Baseball team had there ups and downs. In Baseball its not as difficult since the players that "want money" typically sign that MLB deal right out of HS..... He has built it up right and included a lot of coached up local talent to do so.

I might be setting myself up for a huge disappointment if Tech ever gets caught "paying players" or something major..... but i just really see this whole Athletic Department and where it is going and i think i can take pride and defend the idea that Texas Tech is the cleanest program right now in the Power 5. And when that taste of victory comes, i don't have to worry about an "*" next to it, or a 10 page thread about how Tech "cheated/paid refs" etc.... its going to be AWESOME.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.