ADVERTISEMENT

Tech Baseball Signees - What we have to look forward to..

TechRocks

🌵🌵🌵
Gold Member
Oct 10, 2001
I'm interested in becoming more familiarized with some of the signees who will be coming to Tech this Fall. Maybe we can use this thread for information on signees to get a better sense of what we are bringing in next year. I read a blurb on Tyler Fowler an infielder from Cleburne High School. He was named to the Texas High School Coaches All Star Game for 5A/6A players. This past year he hit .529 with a .943 slugging average; .598 on base percentage; 4 home runs -- 32 RBI's. The guy was also a stud on the mound but it appears his career with Tech will be in the infield. Tadlock needs to figure out an infield next year that he can count on game in, game out. The only sure thing is Gutierrez at 1st and Garcia at shortstop. Second base and third base were unsettled all of last year. I think we need for a guy like either Fowler or Blaine Prescott (assuming he doesn't sign a pro contract) to come in and win one of those jobs. Based on what I saw of Michael Davis last year and of Ryan Long (the past two years) I personally don't see either of these guys starting next year. Tanner Gardner has the potential but he was very average at the plate and it was painful at times to watch him in the field. I would prefer Cory Raley being our everyday 2nd baseman but again I'm not sure if Tadlock sees him as an everyday second baseman. If we can shore up the second and third base positions I think that will be a major boost to this team next year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.