ADVERTISEMENT

Some commit movement in the rankings

Marshall Levenson

Silver Member
Mar 22, 2024
I'm sure there are some who have realized that QB commit Lloyd Jones has dropped from a four-star to a three-star in the most recent Rivals rankings update. It was not a steep drop at all, moving from the No. 7 DUAL to the No. 9 DUAL. Wanted to provide some context as to why that happened. Much of it is to do with the Dual-Threat QB projection. He is indeed a running QB with his production during the high school career, which includes 655 rushing yards and 13 touchdowns in his junior season.

However, I do have some slight reservations about his potential as a runner at the college level, especially at the weight he is likely to play. The verified speed we have available to evaluate is the 400 meter on the track, which can extrapolate to long speed we might see on the field. He ran a 59.4-second 400m dash, which is 5-7 seconds slower than a number of the other DUAL QB's in the class to this point. Now, Jones is typically much heavier than the others, weighing 210 pounds currently. I also worry that if he adds mass in college, which is common, that his speed could suffer. At the next level, the athletes and the speed on defenses does not compare to the competition he plays now.

There will be a discussion in the future whether DUAL is the right fit for his projection. I will be out at Hitchcock this fall for a live evaluation on him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.