ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Kingsbury plays Good Samaritan

Matador96

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2005
Georgia Steward's first spin-out ended with her meeting Texas Tech coach Kliff Kingsbury.

The Lubbock resident was driving to City Hall, where she's worked for 19 years as a legal assistant, around 7:15 a.m. Thursday when she drove over an icy stretch of Marsha Sharp Freeway near the 19th Street underpass. Her car skidded off the road, causing minor damage.

The accident left her unscathed but without a ride to work because she couldn't drive her car back onto the road. Three or four other cars drove by, she said, but none stopped to help.

Kingsbury, however, drove by within 10 minutes and offered to take her to work, she said.

"I said, 'I think I know who you are. You don't have to say anything, but I can tell by your sexy voice,'" Steward said. "He just laughed. Well, he does. He has a great voice."

She asked Kingsbury how he handles the pressure of his position and said he replied that he loved it and needed it. He offered to help her recover her car, but her son-in-law took care of it.

Steward declined Kingsbury's offer to walk her inside once they arrived at City Hall, but she asked him to wait a minute so she could tell people in her office who was outside.

"They went out to the car: 'It's Kingsbury,'" Steward said. "Everybody was just coming up here, 'Oh, I wish that was me,' all the girls. I said, 'Good grief.' I just turned around and came in."

This was at least Kingsbury's second act of random kindness over the past month. He also sent Tim Wilhelm, a Red Raiders fan who had just completed a five-month tour in Afghanistan, an autographed helmet and two hats, according to a Bleacher Report story.
This post was edited on 3/6 7:13 PM by Matador96

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News