ADVERTISEMENT

Post-Kansas Instant Reaction (pres. by Fields of Gold)

4O9to8O6Nback

"I retire from podcasting"- @T. Beadles
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2015
>> That was a hell of a win. Kansas isn't exactly Kansas anymore. They have a funky offensive scheme that's tough to stop. They will beat your ass if you don't show up. Tech Shough'ed up.

>> The 2022 Tech football team has a serious chance to make a bowl game. Maybe 80%? Have a very real chance of winning 7 regular season games for the first time since 2015. Could also have a winning conference record for the first time since fuggin' 2009. Would be one hell of a season for a first-year coach, all things considered.

>> Super impressed with Tyler Shough tonight. He didn't make many mistakes. And if he did, they didn't hurt us one bit. That's probably the cleanest game we've had from the QB position all year. Of course, it helps when you can run the football. Shough is damn good on the move. The first guy never gets him down. All the yards he gained on the ground were very important in the moment of the game and usually the result of him making a guy miss in the open field. That version of Shough will win football games. I heard on the postgame radio that he's now 5-1 as a starter at Tech.

>> Shough running the ball that effectively almost makes Donovan obsolete.

>> It wasn't the best game from the defense, but they did enough to win. Forced two turnovers, with Tech scoring 10 points in the plays immediately following both of them. Knocked Bean out of the game. I don't think anyone we play from here on out can replicate what Kansas did to you tonight. Kansas' offensive scheme is legit. For much of the game, they did whatever they wanted, just like they have in all of their games this year sans one against Iowa State. We beat a well-coached team tonight. I'm a believer in their offense, for sure.

>> Kansas' first TD was just a brilliant, ballsy play call. You almost have to tip your hat to them, throwing it to a 385-pound fullback on a wheel route on 4th and short. One of their TDs was a direct result of a bullshit roughing the passer penalty. Our defense was pretty good inside the 40 yard-line, though, stopping them on 4th down twice and forcing two long FGs that doinked off the up-right.

>> The last 30 seconds before the half were just amazing, winning football. With about 20 seconds left, Kansas is driving to tie it or take the lead (and get the ball to start the 2nd half). J Boogie wins a pass rush move and forces a bad throw that Kosi Eldridge intercepts. Shough then throws a hell of a back-shoulder ball to Trey Cleveland, which leads to Trey Wolfe nailing a 51-yard FG. That's the kind of stuff that wins close games.

>> Our RBs run so hard. Cam Valdez has a hell of a future, but I love to watch Tahj and Sarodorick run the football.

>> The OL looks so much better when we are effectively running the football, while Tyler Shough does his best Johnny Manziel impression. Shough had a great sense of the pocket breaking down tonight and got us out of a lot of negative situations.

>> Tech threw some haymakers early in that game that almost turned it a full-on rout. It was 24-7 and Kansas converted a 3rd and long. Considering penalties were the only thing that stopped us all night, we probably win 50 something to 20 something in a game that was never close if we had found a way to get off the field on that play.

>> We may have found something in Jesiah Pierre. From getting benched after two games (Bryce Ramirez starting v. NC State) to being one of the best players on the field the last two weeks, he's probably shown as much improvement as anyone over the course of the season. The sack and forced fumbled iced the game.

>> That QB power draw that we ran about 8 times tonight averaged around 7 yards a pop and scored 2 TDs, almost all in important short-yardage or red zone situations. It looks like a play we ripped directly from Bill Snyder Kansas State.

>> The Shough dart to Xavier White for 47 yards late in the 4th quarter was nails. We needed to make a play in the air on that drive because Kansas was starting to sell out to stop the run.

>> Maybe the best game from the offensive line?

>> Listening to Joey talk to Level after the game, I would bet a lot of money that Tyree is out for the year. He didn't say anything outright, but whatever showed up on the x-ray was not good. Sucks. He's a force of nature. Probably the best defensive player to suit up for Tech in my lifetime outside of Zach Thomas. Adedire looked really good late in the game in Tyree's absence.

B96510FE-7CA5-493C-8617-803444CAD497.png

Ryan left it all out on the field in everything he did. In his honor, we bring you Fields of Gold, so that others facing bone cancer can keep on playing. A portion of proceeds from every case sold is donated to The Little Warrior Foundation.

The Little Warrior Foundation's mission is to fund & find a lasting cure for childhood cancer, with a specific focus on Ewing's Sarcoma.

https://shop.summerlandwinebrands.com/Shop/Fields-of-Gold

@Saynotobarefoot

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.