ADVERTISEMENT

***Poll*** Who is the Best Player on the Team in 2024?

Who is the best player on this list?

• QB - Behren Morton

Votes: 11 5.8%
  • RB - Tahj Brooks

Votes: 161 85.2%
  • WR - Josh Kelly

Votes: 5 2.6%
  • TE - Jaylin Conyers

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • Edge - Joseph Adedire

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • LB - Ben Roberts

• LB - Jacob Rodriguez

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • CB - Bralyn Lux

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • S - C.J. Baskerville

• Other

Votes: 4 2.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedRaiders27196

Matador
Gold Member
May 21, 2007
Last year's list, voted on by the mega brains here at RRS, is below. Shough was a mixed bag and then he broke his leg. Bradley was mostly ineffective but the play against Kansas led to a win. 9 of the 10 are no longer on the team anymore, not a huge surprise because part of the reason we were optimistic last season was that we were old but the transfers are surprising. Tahj is the only player back.

Tier 1
1) Tyler Shough - QB - Transferred
2) Jaylon Hutchings - NT - Graduated
Tier 2
3) Jerand Bradley - WR - Transferred
4) Tony Bradford - DL - Graduated
5) Dadrion Taylor-Demerson - Safety - Graduated/Drafted
6) Tahj Brooks - RB - Senior
7) Malik Dunlap - CB - Graduated
8) Cole Spencer - OL - Graduated
9) Steve Linton - EDGE - Transferred
10) Austin McNamara - P - Graduated

Basically how this works, I have a poll of 9 players and "other" and we vote who we think the best player is. If a player wins a true majority of the vote, then that's a tier break in the list. If the winner gets less than 30% of the vote OR wins by less than 5 points, then it goes to a Run-Off vote where the players go head to head. When you have a 9 person poll, a lot of times polarizing players can win so we use Run-Offs to ensure the people's champ. I used to let everything that wasn't a majority winner go to run-off but it was too many polls and it hurt voter participation. I generally spread the players on the list by position and I'll almost always split offense and defense 5/4 one way or the other.

I think that's clear as mud, let's get this thing going and see what happens, I generally let the polls run for roughly 24 hours. I expect Tahj to put up an enormous number here but you never know, Josh Kelly is around and QBs garner lots of votes in these things too.

Reactions: jnewt2008
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.