ADVERTISEMENT

Paternity Leave

jegreenwood

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jul 18, 2017
Justin, TX
Paternity Leave – do you have that benefit at work? Did you take it? If you had it, would you take it?

I start my paternity leave June 3 which runs thru July 8th. We just implemented the Paternity Leave into our corporate benefits, last year. All the old geezers at the office are busting my balls about taking it.. Idk what was the norm back in 1981 when they had kids, but I am not turning down free money/vacation time, that doesn’t impact my PTO totals. Truth be told, they are mad that I wont be here to get shit done and help them out. They’re flustered today, and they’ve known my leave dates for 6 months. I’ve got everything laid out for our account reps to take over my stuff for the time being and have made myself available via text, but will not be logging on unless some shit hits the fan and they need me to put out a fire. I got them set up to coast for a month, but I am sure they will still be bitching.

What about you? Have you taken Paternity Leave/would you if you could/plan on taking it when you have a kid, if it is offered?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News