ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Tech New Student Orientation

Raider JL

Red Raider
Gold Member
Jan 7, 2003
Hutto
Well, I made it through Raider Justin's orientation this past couple of days. The first thing I told my wife is that my dad would have never gone to something like that. Nothing against my pop, it just wasn't his style. However, there were a few dads there that were protesting loudly. That is until they saw the first film about being a Red Raider.

I don't know if you have seen it, but they showed the current Masked Rider as a child idolizing the Masked Rider and then it showed her growing up a Tech fan and then it showed her receiving her notification from Tech that she had been accepted. I'm telling you as a grown man, I almost started balling right there. I started remembering taking both of my boys to Football Camp after Football Camp. Football, Basketball and Baseball games. Pic's of them with their face painted ready for the games.

It dawned on me that I was looking at a similar situation sitting right next to me. Here sat this kid, who could have chosen pretty much any school in the country, in yet he chose to attend my Alma Mater. The school I love so much and he has come to love just as much.

As we were picking him up from checking out of the dorm, he was talking to some kid and as he finished his discussion, he looked at the kid and said, "Wreck 'em."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.