ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Parenting Thread

Gary Patterson's Belt

12-anon Shaman
Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
Swampville aka Flood City
www.internet.com
Hello fine squires and lady wenches of RRS.

I wanted to check with parenting brethren here on what we should/shouldn’t be working on with my child at a particular age.

First off every child is special and learns at their own pace yada yada yada.

For reference my daughter just turned six and will be going into the first grade here in a few weeks. In the last year I taught her to ride a bike and her little electric scooter and now she wizzes all around the neighborhood on both. Right now I’m trying to teach her how to tie her own shoes, but that’s not going super well. Is six the right age? Am I being too ambitious? Not enough?

Like in Big Daddy - not only do I not want to have the smelly kid in class, but I want to make sure she isn’t behind either. I don’t care if she’s the first one to learn how to tie her shoes, but I also don’t want to send her to school with Velcro because we didn’t take 15 minutes a night for a week to practice something trivial either.

Is there certain things kid that we should be teaching her? Or do you find that when all the other kids around your kids age start doing something they’ll come and ask for how to do it?

Talking to my daughter is like talking to an alien sometimes - understanding her head movies and what she wants it’s tough to decipher. So was just curious if you had any thoughts on what she certain things should be done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.