ADVERTISEMENT

OT: My Masters Experience

Junar45

Red Raider
Gold Member
Aug 27, 2014
Dallas
So, to get the obvious out of the way, the course is just spectacular. I have never in my life seen grass manicured and as lush as this place. It's hard to fathom the effort that goes into the care of Augusta National. Of course, the sandwiches were fantastic and beer (even though the price was raised) was inexpensive. The staff was courteous and would strike up conversations while waiting on the next group of players to come through.

What made this experience great for me were 4 things. First, I've always wanted to follow Tiger and Rory at a PGA event, but have never been to a tournament that they had been entered in. I got to follow both for a few holes and got in some nice places and took some great pictures. Second, we saw the hole-in-one by Robert Streb on the 12th at Amen Corner. I almost missed it because I was taking pictures of something on 11, and heard the gasp, and right as I look up at 12, the ball goes in. It was spectacular. Third, I got to see Arnold Palmer. I don't care if her was 50ft away and just got a picture of him, it was really cool to see him. And lastly, having this experience with my dad, brother, and a friend of ours made this the most special. I swear my dad was like a kid on Christmas this morning. He was waking everyone up and hurrying is along to get ready to leave. It's been a life long dream of his to attend the Masters and I'm glad I won the lottery for tickets (on my very first try ever) and he could be here for this amazing time!

Sorry for the length of this message, but this was truly one of the best times of my life and I am at a loss of words for how fantastic everything was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.