ADVERTISEMENT

OT: How to lose your job before it even begins

Matador96

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 14, 2005
THE COLONY (CBSDFW.COM) – Social media may be free, but a single mother from The Colony is paying a heavy price for using it.

Kaitlyn Walls lost her new job at a nearby daycare center, before she ever started it.

“I really needed it really bad,” she said. “I’m a single mom..trying to get out on my own.

The 27-year-old was excited about working, but not necessarily as thrilled about the job.

She posted on Facebook: “I start my new job today, but I absolutely hate working at day care.”

She said people immediately started insulting her on social media.

“I had all these girls attacking me because I don’t want to be around a lot of kids all the time,”

The worst attacks have been removed, but some remain, including comments that call her a “dumb (expletive)” or saying she has “Bubonic Plague.”

“I actually cried. It really hurt because I wasn’t trying to offend anybody.”

Walls says the day care operators got wind of the post and told her not to bother coming in.

“It really was a big mistake,” she said. “I don’t hate children. I have my own…I love her.”

Walls says she was just venting. But that Facebook post has left Walls searching again for a new job. She says she’s learned a valuable lesson.

“I’m not going to post anything like it ever. No matter how I feel.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2015/04/27/single-mom-fired-before-first-day-over-facebook-post/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.