ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Any Sonos Experts on Here?

pinkies

Tequila Hero
Gold Member
Aug 16, 2010
Frisco, TX
I have a few Sonos products so I have a basic idea how they work, but looking for some help here.

Right now, I have 5.1 in our living room going through our Denon receiver, I'm wanting to put Sonos in for TV and music. Looking at their amps and only being able to plug two speakers in, it sounds like you can have true 5.1 unless you use all their speakers. I already have all the speakers, and true 5.1 isn't really a big deal. We don't watch movies so I just want room filling sound for sports and music out of the front two, reat 2, sub, and center channel.

Here's how Im seeing it:

-Plug the front speakers in to the Sonos amp
-Ditch the center channel I have, get one of their sound bars
-Get one of their subs, sync everything together.

So my question is, how do I connect the two rear speakers? To another amp? How would I get both amps connected to my tv/each other? Also, I use a Fire Stick for everything, no cable or satellite box. Where do I plug that in? The fire remote can power one the tv and Denon amp, and control volume. What would I need to do remote wise?

Yikes.

I have a home theatre guy I'm going to have come out ultimately but he's pretty hard to get out here so just wanted to what I might be able to do here in the mean time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.