ADVERTISEMENT

Offensive line attrition

fivedaughters

Matador
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2004
San Antonio
I believe Tech's offense has the skill positions in place for the next few years to be very, very good. However, imo, it all starts with the O line. We lose (or for some of you, loose) too many kids off the line in the next year or two, replacing them with redshirt freshmen or true sops for the most part. I feel pretty good about this past recruiting class, but we have all seen what can happen to good classes. How many potential studs have we had who had to give up the game for one reason or another, or got homesick, or screwed up in some way or got injured or whatever?
I know that other programs
arrow-10x10.png
[/URL] have big issues with this, too, but I don't care about other programs. How many kids should Tech take in this class? Should we look to any JUCO's (haven't had great luck with JUCO Olinemen).
Going forward, I hope that this staff will go heavy on the O linemen (and D linemen for that matter). Otherwise, it doesn't matter what great studs we have in the skill positions if they get blown up before the play takes shape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.