ADVERTISEMENT

RELEASE: New PA announcer for Tech Football

B. Golan

Noted Texas Tech Recruiting Journalist
Staff
Aug 21, 2016
DFW

LUBBOCK, Texas – Texas Tech Athletics will debut a new public address announcer inside Jones AT&T Stadium this season as longtime stadium voice Curtis Parrish will step down after 24 years in the position.

"After almost 25 years as the Jones AT&T Stadium announcer, it is time to step away from the microphone to focus on my commitment to my growing family and my service as the Lubbock County Judge," Parrish said. "It has been my honor to be a part of Texas Tech Football for the last quarter of a century, and I look forward to cheering on Coach McGuire and our Red Raiders now and in the future."

Parrish, who serves as the Lubbock County Judge, will be recognized on the field this season for his 20-plus years of service not only in Jones AT&T Stadium but also at the John Walker Soccer Complex since its opening as well as in fill-in roles at many of Texas Tech's events during that time.

"We'd like to thank Curtis Parrish for his many years of service as our public address announcer," Director of Athletics Kirby Hocutt said. "He has been behind the mic for many of our most-memorable moments in our history, and we are forever grateful for the impact he has made on the gameday atmosphere inside Jones AT&T Stadium during his tenure as our stadium voice."

Kickoff between Texas Tech and Abilene Christian is slated for 6:30 p.m. Saturday night inside Jones AT&T Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.