ADVERTISEMENT

My Rewatch Thoughts

RedRaiderFan5

Red Raider
Gold Member
Aug 7, 2013
I just finished rewatching, which is much easier when you know the results. My main takeaways:

ACU Thoughts -
#13 for ACU is a dude. That guy can really play.
Maverick McIvor played his tail off. He was decisive, threw a good ball, and was super composed. Looked like a true air raid QB.
Hats off to Keith Patterson. His crew thoroughly out coached our staff last night. He is a good man, and I hope he wins every game left on the schedule.

Tech Thoughts -
Behren, Tahj, Josh Kelly, Eakin, and Conyers are studs. I think these are all plus players in the Big 12. I thought Morton looked great, and the zip was definitely back.
DL was a bit better than I originally thought last night (a low bar, admittedly). At least for the first half. I still think our edge guys lose contain way too much, happened all the time last year.
OL really hurt us with presnap penalties. Porcher did not look very good to me.
Offensively, we were really vanilla. ACU had the whole playbook open, and I thought it was clear we were just doing the basics. We didn’t want to open up the passing game too much.
Frustrating that Micah only had a couple of plays. Need him to get lots of exposure to capitalize on things.
Defensively…. Just as bad as I remembered. Peoples got abused. We looked lost in zone at each level. LB’s had a rough game, too.

Overall, thank God we came out with a win. We better hope that Lux is a stud, and more importantly, that he stays healthy the whole year. We need to get a ton better this week. If we come out rough again, we will get lit up on the scoreboard. I’m really hopeful we don’t waste this offense and these playmakers because we finally have something on that side of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.