ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Franchise Four- Discussion

VMredraider12

Baylor Hater & Vagana Lover
Gold Member
Sep 29, 2011
MLB.com has a interesting promotion going on each of the team sites called "franchise four". Essentially allowing the fans to choose the "Mount Rushmore" for the franchise of current or former players. They list 8 players for each team with the opportunity to write-in additional candidates.

For Texas the following players are listed: Frank Howard, Nolan Ryan, Juan Gonzalez, Pudge Rodriguez, Rafeal Palmeiro, Michael Young, Josh Hamilton and Adrian Beltre.

For Houston the following players are listed: J.R Richard, Nolan Ryan, Mike Scott, Jimmy Wynn, Jose Cruz, Lance Berkman, Craig Biggio and Jeff Bagwell.

Take your favorite MLB team and discuss who your "Franchise Four" are...

I'll take Texas (and will admittedly probably be "wrong"). There is no set criteria as to choosing a group, so come up with your own criteria.

Michael Young- Mr. Ranger. His leadership in my opinion really helped vault Texas to the back-to-back World Series trips.

Josh Hamilton- Most will disagree because of how his tenure in Texas ended, but Hamilton also had a very big part in Texas winning back-to-back AL Pennants. Had Nellie not misplayed the ball in right, Josh would be a legend in Arlington for his go ahead HR in the 10th inning in game 6.

Nolan Ryan- Hard to leave Nolan off despite his short tenure in Texas. But I think his name speaks for itself in Arlington. I think once results of the fan vote are released, he'll be included in the top four with the Angels, Rangers and the Astros.

Pudge Rodriquez- I'm a bit biased since Pudge has been my favorite player for a long-long time. It was a sad day in my life when I saw him go to Florida.

Who ya got?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.