ADVERTISEMENT

MBB Roster by Minutes Per Game and a close look at the back of the bench...

Brandon Bohannon

Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2007
Fort Worth
Listed by Minutes Played Per Game:

31.9 mpg 11 games played 10 starts - RS JR G Kevin McCullar
26.5 mpg 6 games played 6 starts - JR G Terrence Shannon Jr
25.1 mpg 15 games played 15 starts - SR F Kevin Obanor
25.1 mpg 15 games played 15 starts - SR* G Davion Warren
23.8 mpg 15 games played 6 starts - SR* G Adonis Arms
22.5 mpg 15 games played 15 starts - SR* F Bryson Williams
19.4 mpg 10 games played 5 starts - JR G Mylik Wilson
19.2 mpg 12 games played 3 starts - JR G Clarence Nadolny
14.5 mpg 15 games played 0 starts - SR* F Marcus Santos-Silva
12.6 mpg 14 games played 0 starts - RS FR F Daniel Batcho
9.0 mpg 10 games played 0 starts - SO G Chibuzo Agbo
8.5 mpg 10 games played 0 starts - SO F KJ Allen
3.0 mpg 1 game played 0 starts - RS SO Walk on Austin Timperman

Sardaar Calhoun is already off of the roster but he did average 8.3 mpg in 8 games played with 0 starts.

Our Roster is old with:
4 Super Seniors
1 Senior
4 Juniors
2 Sophomores
1 RS Freshman

The 2 Sophomores and 1 RS FR make up the back of the bench with the fewest minutes played.

SO G Chibuzo Agbo has played in 32 games over the last two seasons including 2 NCAA tournament games where he scored 6 points against Arkansas in the 2nd Round with 2 made 3pts.

For his Tech career thus far, he is 10-37 from 3pt. That's only 27.0% but he is still young and learning and his 6'7" 220 frame is perfect for what Adams wants out of his players. He will make some big plays for Tech over the next two years.

SO F KJ Allen averaged 18.5 ppg and 9.3 rpg on 68.9% shooting for a 29-1 ELAC team in the 2019-2020 season. Being from California like Agbo, his team didn't play the 2020-2021 season due to Covid. While still raw for the Top25 Power 5 MBB game, and while playing behind 2 Super Seniors, a Senior and a Power 5 Transfer RS FR foreign player, he has shown some impressive flashes at times. He had a season high of 6 points vs Omaha and he finished with 2 points and a rebound at Iowa State.

RS FR Transfer Daniel Batcho has actually played more than our two Sophomore scholarship players. He is 17-23 73.9% from the field and his 4.3 rebounds per game are good for 4th on the team in only 12.6 minutes per game. He is 3rd on the team in offensive rebounds. His 9 blocked shots leads the team. He has 8 assists to 9 turnovers. He will be a cornerstone piece for years to come.

I know that it was discussed in other threads by a handful of posters that they want the bottom of the roster churned. Not only do I disagree, thankfully, I don't think that will happen as I think that our bottom 3 players are just our youngest players and that we will continue to see our staff teach and train up these guys into solid options and even star players in the next 2-3 seasons.

Look no further than their development of 3rd year player Clarence Nadolny.

Batcho is already my personal favorite. He is going to be a fun one to watch. I already am enjoying our young big man.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.