ADVERTISEMENT

Lowered expectations = sanity

djo7051

Techsan
Gold Member
Nov 18, 2003
I think we’re overreacting here. I certainly understand why it’s happening. I think it’s a confluence of events that combined has created this sick feeling of despair.

Let’s face it.. We are a longtime suffering fan base that has tasted less success than all of our current contemporaries. We have had our hopes and expectations built up many times before only to have the rug pulled out from under us. Joey McGuire masterfully built all of our expectations, but we were easy marks. Watching TCU, Baylor and OSU play in championship games has made us desperate and gullible.

Saturday night was an abomination. The “W” doesn’t take away from the fact that our team was matched in every aspect by a historically underperforming FCS team. Our coaches were out coached and our athletes looked no better than there’s.

The reality of it is, this team is still behind the Utah’s, Kansas St’s and Oklahoma State’s. We don’t have the athletes we thought we did. Especially on defense.

I still think Joey McGuire is the best answer to help us become a Big 12 leader. I believe in his vision. Unfortunately, it will take him longer than he expected. Longer than we had hoped. It sucks. I can’t imagine we win more than 7 or 8 games this year. I am emotionally prepared to lose this coming Saturday. If we do somehow win, I will be happy. I’m not going anywhere. I will continue watch the games, support the program and hope we surpass my now reasonable expectations.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.