ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty Bowl Family Gift - Selection Process is Complete!

DThompson

Red Raider
Gold Member
Dec 6, 2020
12/12 Update: Selection process is complete! This was, by far, the most difficult part of the process. So many deserving families!

I have been in contact with the chosen family and they were ecstatic. We are taking the next 24 hours to vet out logistics with the family. In the event they are not able, I have also spoken with the nominating party for the alternate family. We have also emailed all other nominations to update them on their status.

Thank you everyone again. We hope to be making formal introductions of this family to everyone in the next couple of days!

12/11 Update: I have itemized each nomination and sent those out to @RRRedRaider and @LondonRedRaider so the three of us can complete the first round of recommendations. We hope to get our recommendations (up to 5) no later than tomorrow. That group will meet independent of us to make the final selection of winner and alternate.

I just want to say, there are some incredible nominations. I wish we could just send everyone.

Thank you again for your generosity!

12/9 AM Update: We are so close financially, please consider helping us get to $4500 today. Nominations will be received through tomorrow, so please email your nominations to rrslibertybowlgiveaway@gmail.com by 5pm CT tomorrow. Thank you all...THIS IS GOING TO BE SO COOL!

12/8 PM Update: I just want to reiterate - we will not consider a member of a players family for this trip. Should we receive a nomination that we discover is a family member, we will forward that nomination to TT directly for consideration of support. The NCAA has very strict rules in this area and we are more than happy to stay clear of any potential violations. Should anyone have any questions...please have them reach out directly to me.

12/8 AM Update: So proud of this group. Literally supporting several amazing priorities (Goin' Band From Raiderland, Williamson County TT Alumni Association Scholarship Fund, this trip, and probably more I am missing). All worthy of our support.

Financial Update: We have received a total of $2275 in donations. That amount brings us right to the halfway mark of our estimated expenses. If you are able, please consider helping us across the finish line.

Family Nominations: Please email any nominations to rrslibertybowlgiveaway@gmail.com by Friday 5pm. We need some great nominations please...public service families (police, fire, military, etc.), recent job change or personal challenge. It will all get consideration.

Just a reminder on the process for these nominations:
It will be a two step process
  1. Initial selection of up to 5 nominations by a committee of 3 (@LondonRedRaider, @RRRedRaider, and @DThompson). This committee will submit their selections to the second committee on Sunday 12/12.
  2. Final selection of one family and one alternative family. @carnley09 will be assisting this committee of 5, along with @Undrafted22. I also plan on asking @Daddyrusses if he can fit this in upon his return from Africa.
I assume @staff will want to connect with this family to keep us all connected during their trip. Can't wait!

Thank you again!
AND WE ARE OFF! I will insert a URL scan for Venmo later today. Feel free to post or DM any questions. Unfortunately, the NCAA does not allow player families to receive gifts like this without a prior relationship.

However, in working with the compliance office today, they have voiced an interest in assisting should a player's family have a financial hardship that would impact them from seeing their son play. Please feel free to email their nomination (noted below) and we will forward the nomination to the right individual for review. I can tell you, they do not want any parents of seniors to miss this bowl experience.

In the spirit of fairness, I will not be recommending anyone for this trip. Just love seeing something like this happen!

Goal: Utilizing the common interest of Texas Tech football, the subscribers of Red Raider Sports would like to recognize a family (up to four) needing encouragement by providing an all expense paid trip to the 2021 Liberty Bowl in Memphis Tennessee.

Donations:
Venmo. Three individuals have access to this account (myself, @LondonRedRaider, and @RRRoundRock) and will be detailing the ledger. No funds will be spent for this giveaway without unanimous agreement from all three of these individuals.

Venmo all donations to @Donn-Thompson-3 (Inserting scan code soon). Last 4 digits of my cell is 5007.

Should you prefer an alternative source, please email rrslibertybowlgiveaway@gmail.com to make arrangements.

Selection Process:

• Written nominations need to be submitted to rrslibertybowlgiveaway@gmail.com no later than Friday 12/10 at 5pm CDT.
  • We will have a steering committee of 3 that will recommend up to 5 final nominations for final consideration. A different committee of 5 will vote to make that determination on Wed 12/15. This determination will be made at the full discretion of these committees.
  • We will take 24 hours to fully vet this decision as well as the family’s availability
This contest:
  • Please be aware that certain COVID-19 rules may be in place in order to attend the event(s) that make up this package, which may include, but not be limited to, masking, proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test. Please be sure to monitor local, state & federal health guidelines as well as event organizer, team and venue policies & procedures for updates regarding any rules that may be in place.
  • This gift is not redeemable for cash value.
  • This gift will require a release of all liability agreement.

12/6 11:27 update: We are thinking we might need to craft an indemnification for this trip. Would there be an attorney that would be willing to give us some advice and possibly craft this indemnification?

12/6 7:23AM update:

Ok - we are doing this! What a great group. I am waiting to hear back from @RRRedRaider and @LondonRedRaider to see if they have the bandwidth to assist.

I am putting together a timeline as well as some contest language together. I will also be posting a process for the collection of these funds soon.

In the interim, please be thinking of any nominations you might have as we will want to begin reviewing nominations.

OP:

Would this group be interested in coming together to provide a trip for a family of up to 4 family members to enjoy an all expense paid trip to the Liberty Bowl? I would like to be able to offer travel, hotel, tickets, and food stipend.

We would set up a committee to oversee this process to ensure
1- complete financial integrity
2- we create a process to choose a specific family that could really benefit (military, public service, special family circumstances). I have absolutely no one in mind, but would love to coop with this site to bless someone with a great experience.

Would there be enough interest?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.