Let's Chat About This One

RaiderSeymore

🌵
Gold Member
Nov 1, 2012
Houston, Texas
www.servicecompression.com
Tough day in Manhattan. Again.

1. Donovan Smith now has 7 INT, 3 lost fumbles, and has taken 17 official sacks. I'm not sure there is a program on planet earth that could win games when you turn the ball over more frequently than any other QB in division 1 football. I'm not sure why Behren didn't play today. If I was him, I'd be making phone calls to every team out there with what we trotted out at QB today for 20 ish possessions.

2. The fact that this team clawed back into it is the difference for me. I've seen that movie before where we just crumble and they kept fighting back.

3. Defense did give up some really, really, back breaking runs to Martinez. But they were put in miserable situations all day today. 4 Turnovers and 2 failed 4th downs. And KSU got the ball on our side of the 50 yard line 5 TIMES to start drives.

4. I'll get called a lot of names, but there is no way on earth any other team gets calls against us like we do. KSU held on every play. Every play. They got called for 2 holdings today. 2.

5. Special Teams is losing football games. Kick OB, missed FG, running into the punter.... You can't let that continue to happen.

6. This defense needs help in a big way. You can't turn the ball over (essentially) 7 times in a football game and then be mad at the defensive side of the ball. Tahj Fumble was back breaking. The missed FG was horrific.

7. Our offensive line is worse than wet cardboard outside of Weston Wright. I still don't know how you go into each week knowing that's a weakness, and then still throw out a guy who clearly can't make quick decisions. I hope they're just trying to save Behren's RS and have communicated that to him while we hope to get Shough back.... but there isn't a defense for it otherwise.

I hope the Big 12 sends us another reprimand this week, because that crew was sooooooooooo bad.

- Stopped our 4th down play when we had not substituded.
- Stopped another long play because the play clock didn't start. That's a you problem.
- The inadvertent whistle is up there with the baylor fumble that wasn't... that's just horrific to miss.
- Donovan's helmet was nearly ripped off on the first drive right in front of the official.

I love the fight in this team and I love this defense. But man you have to wonder when you make the switch. Donovan had more carries today than Rod and Tahj.... again.

Game thread frustrations aside. I just wanna hear some thoughts.

KSU has turned the ball over twice this season. Twice. Donovan Smith throws an INT before the game starts each week.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News