ADVERTISEMENT

HOOPS: Keys to the Game: Texas pres. by Energy Renovation Center

J. Apodaca

Mickey Mouse Staff Member
Staff
Mar 7, 2022
This thread is likely to turn into the same beating of the dead horse, but here’s how I view the No. 10 Longhorns as the Red Raiders are looking to capture their first Big 12 win of the season this Saturday evening in Austin.

KenPom has this matchup as No. 8 vs. No. 62. The Red Raiders took a dive of 21 spots in the rankings after the abysmal showing in Ames and are still a spot above Texas A&M, who is No. 63 (I know it’s not much, let me have this).

The Longhorns don’t have a whole lot of weaknesses by the numbers, they make you turn the ball over at a 23.9 percent clip, should be fun to watch this iteration of Texas Tech basketball go up against that. Texas is also No. 26 in Adj. Defensive Efficiency, good for fifth in the conference (Tech at No. 36, No. 6 B12).

Marcus Carr and Tyrese Hunter have been excellent this season, as expected. One of, if not the best guard duo in the country. They’re going to be quite the challenge for this defense to contain. Sir’Jabari Rice has provided quality minutes as a third guard of late and played a large part in the comeback win over TCU earlier in the week.

Timmy Allen and Dillon Mitchell have been competent from three while Dylan Disu has been a quality piece at 6-9 at center.

One of the only positives that I see for Saturday’s game is the height. With Harmon and Isaacs on the floor, the Red Raiders will be taller at the guard spots, equal at the forwards and taller at center if Batcho can go, which I assume he will.

Tech is reeling and things haven’t gone well, obviously. You’re searching for answers on offense as Adams said yesterday and the defense has obviously been not great.

As corny as this may sound, Tech is in desperate need of a “morale” victory, let alone a real win. The effort needs to be there on Saturday, and if you can’t play as hard as you can against what I consider to be the most hated rival for Tech with any semblance of a season left on the line, then I don’t know when you ever do.

The Red Raiders will likely be around ten-point underdogs in the newly minted Moody Center Saturday night and look to stop the bleeding after a horrible showing last time.

gct0jr6vts4zranxyynp

The OFFICIAL solar panel installer of RedRaiderSports.com!
www.energyrenovationcenter.com
Why Energy Renovation Center?
Energy Renovation Center is a DFW based solar installation company which prides itself on quality installation and customer service. Let’s give you an answer of “Why ERC” . We pay close attention to detail when it comes to taking care of our clients. Moreover, an excellent customer experience is what we strive for with every install. If something doesn’t go as planned, we always work hard to correct anything that needs attention. Moreover, we take 100% pride in everything we do. That is why we do not outsource, from educating homeowners in the community to designing a custom system and installing it right the first time! Customer satisfaction is guaranteed.
Clayton Summerlin
Energy Renovation Center
TDLR Lic# 35068 | CSLB Lic# 10093262016
E Randol Mill Rd.Ste. 409 Arlington, TX 76011
claytons@energyrenovationcenter.com
EARN $500 FOR EACH FRIEND THAT GOES SOLAR WITH US!
Energy Renovation Center has paid out over $1.2 million to our users! Tell a friend. Get paid!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.