ADVERTISEMENT

Hope Vs Fear

raydurz

Red Raider
Gold Member
Mar 9, 2005
Lubbock
Not a sky is falling guy, it’s not. But….

The hope with Joey was that his energy and love for West Texas and Tech, his relationships with THSC, his recruiting efforts would pay off big time. I do like his plan for recruiting and his OL and DL recruiting have been an improvement.

I think most of us think the right guy with the right plan would eventually pay-off.

My fear is, we are not really recruiting much better than in the past. We certainly are out front a lot on a lot of recruits. We can find them but can we land them? One of Joey’s earlier hires left early to a recruiting service, what if our recruits are inflated?

I worry last years falling flat hurt our rising program excitement. Tech is always going to be Tech? We always jump to money bag is bigger, but I don’t know that is always the case.

Last years sideline decisions have me worried.

Why was Hamby let go? Did we ever get a known reason? It was an odd time and out of the blue. Did he question Kittley? Is OL McGuire an upgrade? Was Juice an upgrade?

A lot of concerning things. I don’t think a recruit or two is the story, but is it a trend?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News