ADVERTISEMENT

Home insurance help needed

mattcal

🌵🌵🌵
Gold Member
Oct 9, 2005
I know some of you awesome folks deal in insurance so wondering if you’ve heard of this before and have any tips.

We’re in the process of purchasing a new home and need to secure insurance for it.

With our current home, we had a hail damage claim this year, back in May, for a new roof ($36k).

Back in 2020 we called the insurance company, Liberty Mutual at the time, to inspect our roof after a massive wind storm that knocked off several shingles. The inspector that came out told us it wasn’t worth a claim and he put some plastic over it until we got it fixed out of pocket.

Well come today, I’m getting denied by everyone: Allstate, State Farm, Liberty, Progressive, Geico, all of them.

I talk to a local Allstate agent and he gives me the reason: our risk score is too high because we’ve had two claim payments. Turns out Liberty paid the inspector $200 back in 2020 and it got marked against us.

I’m really not sure what to do, we will obviously lose the new house if we can’t be insured. This is so frustrating.

tl;dr: Trying to get new homeowners insurance, getting denied because of a 2020 “claim” that paid out $200 to the roof inspector the insurance company sent out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News